Decks & Docks Lumber Company is an industry-leading domestic and international supplier in marine construction. They supply high-quality lumber, composite materials, piling, seawall, hardware, and accessories to marinas, golf courses, and resorts, and they also own several subsidiaries supplying products for marine environments.
Our client wanted to ensure top ranking in SERPs to outrank competitors and increase their digital visibility. Our original approach with SEO optimization had earned them 658% more website traffic, but we felt we could reinvigorate our strategy with a fresh infusion of pay-per-click (PPC) initiatives.
We had a two-prong digital marketing approach:
- Maximize their website effectiveness by rejiggering the SEO
- Invest in paid search and PPC advertising
The desired result was to generate additional leads and drive their online presence to the top of search results. PPC and SEO working together can be one of the fastest ways to increase website traffic and drive higher-ranking SERP results.
Our SEO and PPC Strategies
Our campaign approach was 4-prong:
- To harness the power of local search ads (geofencing) to target nearby audiences looking for Decks & Docks products
- Leverage top-performing keywords in order to increase phone calls and foot traffic for each location.
- Design a robust geographic infrastructure to increase volume for more locations
- Create and drive experiments to test new Performance Max campaigns that would maximize ad reach and boost conversions
We were able to drive an increase in Google Ad Impressions by 2,176% to over 2 million impressions from 2021 to 2022, and Google ad clicks increased by 78%!
Our conversion rate also increased a whopping 120% from 2021 to 2022 – a great indicator of the effectiveness of our PPC campaigns.
YoY PPC 2022 Metrics vs. 2021
- Google Ad Impressions increased 2176% with 2.16M
- Google Ad Clicks increased 78%, with 15,225
- Google Ad Conversions increased by 120%, with 2,393
- CPA improved by 39%
- CPC improved by 25%
The PPC advertising strategy really paid off for Decks & Docks Lumber Company, with an overwhelmingly successful increase in Google Ad Impressions, Clicks, and importantly – Google Ad Conversions. This is a great example of how a well-thought-out, strategic investment in paid advertising can deliver strong ROI.
Tweaking the SEO for the website also re-engaged Decks & Docks’ audience to bring a stronger organic search back to their online presence. As a leader in the marine construction space, maintaining a competitive edge is a key component to a successful digital presence. Continued reinvigoration is important as algorithms change and the competition gets smarter to try to outrank you.