Link building is an important method of building organic traffic to your site. It’s not difficult to learn how to hyperlink for link building though. All it takes is some effort and research. It also takes time and some planning to do it right. Most brands will hire an external agency to handle it. Large brands also have in-house teams to handle SEO. Here are some reasons why link building is great and how to do it!
On This Page
- 1 1. More Traffic To Your Blog
- 2 2. Higher SEO Rankings On Search Engines
- 3 3. Increase The Informative Nature Of Your Blog
- 4 4. Increase The Credibility Of Your Blog
- 5 5. Establishing Connections In Your Community
- 6 6. Optimize The User Experience
- 7 7. They Generate Links Within Your Industry
- 8 How To Build Links?
- 9 How to Hyperlink For SEO
- 10 Link Building Shouldn’t Have To Be Difficult
1. More Traffic To Your Blog
First of all, one of the advantages of link building is to drive more traffic to your website. You can publish as a guest author for another blog, or exchange links. You will notice that in the long run, this will bring more people to your blog.
Exchanging links is a simple matter. All you have to do is contact the author of the blog you’re interested in. You can also contact the editor of the blog or news site. Make your intentions clear, straightforward. Don’t forget to emphasize that the benefits will be mutual. He won’t see it as you taking advantage of his work. If you do it right, both of you will benefit through this transaction.
The more inbound links you have to your blog, the more authority you will have in Google’s eyes. If a lot of blogs are linking to you, it’s a sign of popularity. This will help skyrocket your search rankings if the backlinks are good quality.
2. Higher SEO Rankings On Search Engines
Another advantage of link building is to increase your search ranking. If your site has a lot of inbound links from other sites, this is something Google will look forward to. Especially if the blogs that are linking you have a good page rank.
It is worth taking the trouble to build these kinds of links. In the long run, it can make a difference to your competition.
3. Increase The Informative Nature Of Your Blog
In this blog, I have said several times that to make money on the internet, you need to create a community. Moreover, to do that, you have to provide much information. To increase the knowledge you offer your readers. It’s important to link to other sites, where your followers can find more information.
Usually, they are sites that most of them don’t know about, and you will show them the route by linking to them. They’ll thank you.
4. Increase The Credibility Of Your Blog
Link building also increases the reliability of your website. For your visitors, seeing links to other blogs that link to you means you’re legit. It means your blog is a reliable source of information. A website that’s found beyond the third page of Google isn’t a good choice to use. Instead, people trust results that are within the first page of Google
5. Establishing Connections In Your Community
By building links to other blogs, you can increase the number of people you reach. This by itself is a form of permanent, continuous advertising. It allows you to reach thousands of people you would not otherwise have been able to.
Also, by connecting with thousands of people in your niche, you can become an expert they trust. This will bring you more traffic, and that traffic can become subscribers.
6. Optimize The User Experience
The main goal of a content marketing strategy is to deliver valuable content. Optimize the content you generate for your target audience. Focus on information that is high quality and relevant. Your users should be able to digest the information you share. The better the user experience, the more likely your readers will come back.
7. They Generate Links Within Your Industry
When you link to another site, people can track the link. This is an excellent way to generate links with brands that have authority in their blogs. When you do something nice, people will often reciprocate. Once you start getting more links, it creates a snowball effect.
How To Build Links?
The best way to create links is to create content of the highest quality and novelty. That way, the content will be beneficial and will be in high demand within your industry. You want your content to be shared without you having to ask. Content should naturally be shared within your industry circles.
To help spread your content, you have to be active in all kinds of communities, forums, and social networks. You also have to look at internal and external links.
Internal links are personal links that we place within our own content. We share part of our link juice from the article to the other article. To do so, they must be relevant to each other. External links are those that we receive from other blogs that link to our posts in their content. These are very important because they legitimize our link authority. Be sure to have a strong balance of internal and external links.
Well-developed content, with valuable information and links, is more share-worthy. This helps boost brand recognition and SEO. To enjoy the benefits of link building, here are some things to take note of:
- Diversity: try not to let all the links come from the same domain. There should be a practice of variety on the websites you link to your company’s site.
- Quality: it is preferable to have a few links, but they are worth it. Google will detect if your website links to poor sites regarding content.
- Quantity: in this case, the more links you have, the better for your company’s site. Remember that the quality of these should be your priority when doing link building.
- The color blue works as a reliable visual reference that shows the user that the text is a link. If all the text is the same color, it’s complicated for the user to identify the links. Throw some variations into the text so that links stand out.
- Do not put all characters in upper or lower case: mixed links are more analyzable, and users are more used to them. This is applicable for headlines. Links in the body of the text can be all lower case.
- Don’t use generic messages. Commands like “read on” or “click here” are too obvious. Users identify and understand links, so there is no need to ask them to click on them. It’s better to provide value and link to a piece of interesting fact.
- Do not put images that look like buttons if they are not clickable. Users will try to click on them as soon as they see an image that resembles a button. The worst thing you could have is a button that doesn’t work.
- Do not use invented compound words. Jargon is never a good idea for SEO and link building. Try to avoid creating compound words on your own. Users will not be curious and it might drive them away from your site. This can harm your SEO ranking and your link building campaign.
- Do not link to the same word more than once. It’s better to differentiate your anchor text in one article. You don’t want to have any repeats because it can be confusing for readers.
- Open links on the same window if it’s a logical next step. Do not have it open to a new browser unless it’s a separate topic. When a new window opens, users could feel confusion. Instead, be sure to lead them in a logical flow.
- If you have a document or PDF that opens from a link, open it to a new window. The last thing you want is a reader losing their place through a link. Make sure that these documents are able to open up on a new tab.
- Adding hover or highlight effects to links is a good thing. It can act as a way for readers to know where they should click.
- State when a link leads to a different website. Users assume that all links will take them to a separate page on the same website. Be sure to reference the source in your text.
- Do not link to a company name unless they’re well-known. The company name adds unnecessary complexity to the anchor text. Unless the brand is a household name, link to the information instead of the source.
- Do not create an anchor text longer than ten words. You don’t need to hyperlink a long sentence. It actually looks less inviting. Choose a short phrase of 2 to 4 words and that should perform better.
- Start with keywords. Respecting this rule makes the link text more concise.
Link Building Shouldn’t Have To Be Difficult
Your company and brand deserve a strong SEO strategy. SEO needs to be well-thought out. A link-building campaign can be the catalyst for your online visibility. Instead of approaching this in the dark, hire some help.
Our team can help get you set up with a SEO and link-building campaign that will get results.